Baked oatmeal is a breakfast option that is warm and reassuring, as well as gratifying and delicious. It’s one of my favorite things to do on the weekend to make a big pan of breakfast food, so I have it ready to go during the week. This is an excellent recipe for making meal preparations ahead of time. Reheat the food, and breakfast will be ready to enjoy!
The baked oatmeal in this Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal recipe is flavored with cinnamon and loaded with juicy apple chunks. The combination of apple and cinnamon is a time-honored favorite that works wonderfully in the autumn and any other time of the year.
To add something more to your bowl of oatmeal, you can top it up with whichever toppings you choose. It’s always fun to give everyone in the family the opportunity to create their unique bowls by setting out a variety of toppings and fillings.
Baked oatmeal flavored with apple cinnamon is an excellent way to start your day on the right foot. It is heartening, nourishing, and beneficial to one’s spiritual well-being.
- Oats: Instead of fast oats, go for the traditional old-fashioned oats. If you want the dish to be gluten-free, use oats that are not gluten-containing.
- Cinnamon – oatmeal is a dish that benefits from the addition of cinnamon.
- Baking powder will help the oats rise to the top of the oven while they bake.
- Milk: You can use any milk you like; I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but you may use any milk you choose.
- Applesauce – I recommend using applesauce that has not been sweetened.
- Pure maple syrup so that the oats will be sweetened more naturally. Honey, coconut, and brown sugar are all acceptable substitutes in this recipe.
- You can use whichever you like, as butter and coconut oil are effective in their respective roles.
- Eggs: We recommend using the more giant eggs.
- Vanilla extract is a taste enhancer that contributes significantly.
- Apple: You’re welcome to peel the apple if you want to, but I don’t bother to do it. In this recipe, Honeycrisp apples are my favorite, but you can substitute whatever apple you choose.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Turn the temperature in the oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking dish measuring eight by 8 inches by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray and setting it aside.
The oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt should all be mixed in a big bowl.
Combine the milk, applesauce, and maple syrup in a medium bowl with the eggs, butter or oil, and vanilla extract.
After thoroughly mixing, add the milk mixture to the oat mixture and set aside. Stir in the apple cubes until they are evenly distributed. After pouring the oatmeal mixture onto the pan that has been prepared, please place it in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the oatmeal has set and turned a golden brown color.
Various toppings can be added to a bowl of oats to give it a more exciting appearance. Here are some concepts to think about!
- The cream that has been whipped.
- Yogurt (Yoghurt)
- Toasted nut spread
- Honey or maple syrup can be drizzled over the top.
- A sprinkling of dark brown sugar
- Cinnamon, with just a touch of sugar
- There are a few drops of milk in there.
- Cranberries or raisins that have been dried and reconstituted
- A few thin slices of apple
How to Store
Meal planning can be made much easier with the help of a recipe for baked oats. If it is stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator, it can be kept there for about a week. If you get a head start on the week by preparing a large quantity of your nutritious and delectable breakfast on the weekend, you can have it every morning without fail.
Reheat in the microwave, but I prefer the oats cold. I am aware that you are going to find it strange, but give it a shot.